That's been my view, it's something that can be used to make deployments a
little easier, not as a "I don't have to try to write decent,
non-monolithic code anymore".  A lot of others are vocally expressing this
sort of opinion.  It actually feels like a this sort of thing happens a
lot.  A new technology comes along, makes it easy to get a turd of a piece
of software up and running, magically everything goes out the window until
the fad passes.

I saw someone describe this sort of phenomena in a great way, wish I could
find it to quote him.  I certainly have no problem if others want to use
the latest fad, I don't like how people push the newest fad on everyone
rather than let people decide for themselves.