I just wanted to chime in from the Hibernate perspective...  Hibernate will
not work this way in terms of the SessionFactory (our JPA impl simply wraps
the SessionFactory in a EntityManagerFactory so the same holds in Hibernate
JPA) dynamically re-linking changed entity classes.  Ultimately a new
SessionFactory/EntityManagerFactory needs to be built.  Now, I can see our
OSGi integration making that more seamless for you, but I am just describing
how things are now.