Hi David,

1/ it allows without problem, but it will be relative to Karaf home.

2/ Cave doesn't load index XML: it generates a index.xml starting from the artifacts. Cave is an alternative to other tool index XML generation.

Workaround:

1/ agree, update the index.xml with absolute URLs

2/ no, it's the opposite: use Cave to manage the index (or repository) XML and use the one generated by Cave in resourceRepositories

I will take a look to improve support of index.xml in Karaf.