The karaf OBR commands should not be used, only the feature:xxx ones.
You don't have to wrap your requirements into anything, you don't even have
to write a feature if you don't need.  Any kind of requirements can be
added to the karaf deployer using :

feature:requirement-add 'requirement:osgi.identity;osgi.identity=org.apache.
aries.blueprint.core;type=osgi.bundle;version="[1,2)"'

The only prerequisite is to add the needed xml repository into
etc/org.apache.karaf.features.cfg using the following syntax:

resourceRepositories = \
    xml:url-to-xml-repository

and restart the features-core bundle after the modification so that it's
taken into account.