Hmm, that doesn’t look to me like the scr command output so I’m not able to
completely trust it.
If you turn up DS logging what does it show?  I’m not sure how to do this in
karaf, but you need to set the log service to output debug level, and also set
the scr property ds.loglevel=debug either in ds configuration or as a framework
property.  You should see a lot of info when your component starts and in
particular what happens when it looks for the UserAdmin reference.  If the
UserAdmin hasn’t started yet you should see more activity when it does start
from the service event.

Is there any isolation in your karaf instance, perhaps subsystems or regions?

thanks
david jencks