The only way to influence the start order of bundles is to specify the
start level on the feature or on the feature's bundles using the start-level
attribute (see
https://github.com/apache/karaf/blob/karaf-4.0.x/assemblies/features/standard/src/main/feature/feature.xml
for some examples).

In Karaf 4.x, the features are resolved and installed in a single pass, so
the order is lost.