Afaik karaf-4642 only really applies to 3.x unless you use stages with one
feature per stage.
Features in a single stage are installed all at once, so the order is lost.
A simple proof is to look at the list of bundles installed with a bare
karaf 4.x install : the order of the installed bundles is unrelated to the
order of the features listed in the configuration, that's because a single
stage is used.

--
Guillaume Nodet