Hey Guys,

we're having a problem with Karaf Version > 4.0.4. We are currently using
4.0.9, but are thinking of upgrading to 4.0.10 soon. In our application we have
a lot of features. One of them installs a bundle (PluginManager), which itself
adds, installs and starts one or multiple features on startup (plugins for our
application). Users are able to install the plugins via the GUI and the files
(.jar) won't get deleted after building karaf/assembly.

For each of those features a feature repository is created, if there is not
already one from earlier startups. Everything works fine, if there already is a
feature repository, but after a new build, when the feature repository does not
exist anymore the installation of the features does not work, which leads to
the bundle (PluginManager) being stuck in "GracePeriod"-status, for versions
4.0.5,4.0.6,4.0.7 or in "Starting"-status for versions 4.0.8,4.0.9,4.0.10.
Everything works as expected with version 4.0.4.

The workflow to install the features/plugins is following:

FeatureService.addRepository(featureUri) -->
FeatureService.getRepository(symbolicName) --> Repository.getFeatures() -->
FeatureService.installFeatures(featureSet, options)

After stepping over installFeatures in debug-mode the debugger is stuck and I
cannot continue. The biggest problem is that there is no error or exception in
karaf.log. Karaf is still starting correctly and everything except the plugins
part is usable.

Using 4.1.X is not an option right now, since there are dependency problems
when upgrading.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Greetings Marius?

---------
doubleSlash gehört zu "Deutschlands besten Arbeitgebern
2017"<https://www.doubleslash.de/unternehmen/presse-uebersicht/pressemitteilungen/detail/dreifachauszeichnung-fuer-doubleslash-als-einer-der-besten-arbeitgeber/>
<http://blog.doubleslash.de/>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marius Dienel
Auszubildender
doubleSlash Net-Business GmbH
Otto-Lilienthal-Str. 2
D-88046 Friedrichshafen

Fon: +49 7541 / 70078-211
Fax: +49 7541 / 70078-111
marius.die...@doubleslash.de
https://doubleSlash.de
doubleSlash Net-Business GmbH
Geschäftsführung: Konrad Krafft, Andreas Strobel
Sitz, Registergericht: Friedrichshafen, Amtsgericht Ulm HRB 631718