Just looking quickly.

You have the same JNDI name for both JTA and non JTA DataSources. This is
clearly wrong as the DataSource cannot simultaneously be enlisted in the
Transaction and not enlisted. The comments also indicate a misunderstanding of
the purpose of the non-jta-datasource, which absolutely is used with JTA
EntityManagers (for things like sequence allocation and out of band
optimisations). You really do need to have both and they do need to behave
differently.

At a guess your DataSource is not enlisted with the transaction manager present
in the system.  This usually happens by configuring a (otherwise invisible)
DataSource wrapper There is nothing forcing you to make this happen (or
checking that it does) hence your transactions would be broken. This is one of
the several reasons I try to direct people to Transaction Control where the
model actively pushes you toward transactions that actually work, rather than
hiding all the magic behind an annotation.

Hopefully this gives you some clues as to what might be wrong.

Best Regards,

Tim

Sent from my iPhone