Hi JB,

yes having some tutorials in the karaf docs makes sense.
I am not yet sure how to best structure these. The current examples are
often too simple to explain a certain technology. On the other hand I also
do not yet have a really good concept.

I would also like to focus on just declarative services. I do not see a big
future for blueprint.

Another thing is the way we build bundles in the examples. In my newer
tutorials I only use the bnd-maven-plugin.
I also define the exported packages simply by a package info file with a
version annotation. I think this makes the OSGi configs a lot simpler and
avoids errors.
See here for an example:
https://github.com/apache/felix/blob/trunk/systemready/src/main/java/org/apache/felix/systemready/package-info.java

This config can be put in a parent pom for all modules of an example. So
indiviual modules do not need any OSGi config.
https://github.com/apache/felix/blob/trunk/systemready/pom.xml#L38-L58

I think we really need to bring the examples and tutorials to the next
level of best practices. As OSGi R7 support will arrive soon I plan to aim
at
R7 as target platform for upcoming tutorials (Similar to the new enroute).

Christian

Am Mi., 4. Juli 2018 um 11:54 Uhr schrieb Jean-Baptiste Onofré <
j...@nanthrax.net>:

> Hi Christian
>
> Thanks for the update.
>
> Did you see the effort we are doing right now on examples that will be
> part of the distribution? Maybe it would make sense to have tutorials as
> part of the exemples ?
>
> Regards
> JB
> Le 4 juil. 2018, à 11:50, Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net> a
> écrit:
>>
>> Recently I had quite a few issues with the availability of my homepage
>> http://liquid-reality.de .
>> So I am in the process of moving my whole site to github io pages. The
>> first and most important part is done now.
>>
>> The Tutorials for Apache Karaf now live at:
>> https://cschneider.github.io/Karaf-Tutorial/
>>
>> This has some advantages:
>> - The tutorials now live closer to the code (same repo)
>> - You can provide PRs for the tutorials
>> - The hosting by github should be a lot more stable
>>
>> Christian
>>
>> --
>> --
>> Christian Schneider