Am Do., 5. Juli 2018 um 00:02 Uhr schrieb Jean-Baptiste Onofré <
j...@nanthrax.net>:

> We have different perspective there. My standpoint is simpler: we need
> to help our users to start easily with Karaf.

 Not sure if this is different from my view. I also want to help people to
start easily.

> Users don't care about some technologies, bnd or maven-bundle-plugin, or
> whatever: they just need turnkey examples.

This is exactly the point. New users take the examples as starting point
for their software. So whatever we put in there will be what users keep
using for a long time.
That is why I think we need to have consistent and opinionated examples to
provide real best practices to avoid leading users on a way that turns out
to be a dead end.

Typically users will either choose blueprint or DS and will not want to mix
both. My opionion is to simply not have blueprint examples but I am totally
fine if we have them.. but they should be
separate from the DS ones. So I propose the directories below examples are
ds and blueprint. That should prevent quite a bit of confusion.

I see one other problem with the parent. The examples use the karaf parent.
I think this is not good as users will want to copy the examples but they
will not want to keep the karaf parent.
Actually I am not sure if the examples must live in the karaf repo at all.
They are not strictly tied to the karaf release and often have a different
lifecycle. Maybe there could be a repo karaf-examples or karaf-tutorials.

Christian