Hi Julian,

Sounds like an interesting idea which could lead to some refinements and
enhancements to Karaf.

In regards to signing, if you build bundles with bndtools (either using
Eclipse or just using it with Maven) it has a plugin for signing bundles
and creating an exported Jar.. it seems like looking into that could be
helpful.

I think Apache Sling which is OSGi based might be helpful around what you
are trying to do..

That's probably the best I can suggest.  I like the way web applications
are handled in OSGi and Karaf seems like it would be a great base for this
sort of thing.

Is this an open source or private initiative?

Ryan