Hi

Just to be clear: org.osgi.service.log is provided by Pax Logging (not
> Karaf directly).
> The version is set by Pax Logging.

That's absolutely clear.
As written before, I updated the Pax Logging of an Karaf instance already
to 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT and bundles requiring org.osgi.service.log 1.4 seems to
work.
What is not working is e.g. the "log" commands of Karaf and I am pretty
sure they are provided by "org.apache.karaf.log.core" and not by Pax
Logging.
So, I had been able to get Pax Logging 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT in the container and
the wiring of 3rd party bundles but the Karaf integration is missing.
But we don't need to care about, it has just been a test.

So, my proposal is:

> 1. I do Pax Logging 2.0.0 release

great ;)

> 2. I upgrade Pax Logging on karaf master to cut 4.3.0.RC1 (R7 compliant)

great ;)

3. Once Karaf 4.2.8 is released (it will happen this week),

great ;)

I will
> update on 4.2.9-SNAPSHOT to evaluate support of Pax Logging 2.0.0 (and
> update command and so). If good, I will prepare 4.2.9 with that.

great ;)

Does it sound good to you ?

All fine, thank you.

Best regards,