By the way, it’s always possible to package the spring boot app as a bundle
(mostly using private package), and add a activator to launch the spring boot
app.

That’s pretty simple (I can add an example to show that).

However, we don’t leverage the Karaf flavors here (the service registry and
Karaf features) as each spring boot app is in its own isolated class loader and
Karaf is a launcher.
It could be interesting anyway though ;)

I will add an example for wrapping build + launcher in Karaf.