Did you try the dependencyFeatures option:

I got this option with the following maven
mvn org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-help-plugin:3.2.0:describe
-Dcmd=org.apache.karaf.tooling:karaf-maven-plugin:features-generate-descriptor
-Ddetail
 dependencyFeatures
      Name of features which are dependencies (they still need to be defined
      separately).

Regards
   Richard