I've been trying to figure out how to use the <environment> configuration
element with the karaf-maven-plugin...  I have 2 pax-logging configuration
files in the src/main/resources/etc directory of my Maven Karaf project for
building a custom distribution.  One of the pax logging config files has
#docker at the end of the name.  When I build and run the distribution, no
matter what value I put for <environment>, only the regular pax logging
config gets used.  Both files end up in my distribution.  I'm not sure if
the pids are selected when the distribution is created?  I'm not sure if
I'm misinterpreting how to use environment?

Also, looking at the Karaf examples, I can see the profile example has
<environment>static</environment>... I also see a reference to a pax
logging config with #statis at the end.

https://github.com/apache/karaf/tree/karaf-4.4.x/examples/karaf-profile-example/karaf-profile-example-registry/src/main/resources/karaf.profile

Does it only work for or apply to profiles?

Thanks!