Nils,
if you are the adventurous type, head over to www.qi4j.org and start
building an extremely DDD focused proejct while still being in plain
Java (syntax). Neo4j is one of the backends you can use for storing
entities.

However, for more "normal" use, there is the Meta package for applying
constraints and structure to a Node Space,
http://components.neo4j.org/neo-meta/, and I think there are some
folks here using it already?

Third on the roll-your-own front, there are some pointers in the wiki,
e.g. http://wiki.neo4j.org/content/Design_Guide ...

Plese let us know if that helps!

/peter

GTalk: neubauer.peter