The best way to achieve that is to create relationships to those
nodes... such as

ReferenceNode --[CONFIGURATION]--> ConfigurationNode
ReferenceNode --[INDEX]--> IndexNode
a.s.o.

That's more of a neo-style-approach. The node ids persist over time
until they are deleted and deleted ids may be reused in the future.

Neo Technology, www.neotechnology.com