On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 21:24, Martin Kleppmann <mar...@eptcomputing.com> wrote:
>> I'm willing to handle the initial project setup, but there are a
>> couple of
>> points that need clarification before I can go ahead :
>> - Which licence to use ? both neo4j and neo4j-resources are released
>> under
>> the AGPL licence. But in this case, imho, a more liberal licence,
>> such as
>> the ASF, would be more suitable. But the code is mostly yours, so,
>> it's your
>> call.
>
> I only released neo4j-resources under AGPL because I thought I had to
> (due to being linked with Neo). However I'm no expert in these
> matters. If Neo's AGPL permits it, I'm happy to license the Scala
> stuff under pretty much whatever. MIT license is my favourite these
> days, because it's so nice and short. :)

MIT X license is compatible with the AGPLv3 so that works. The Apache
License is compatible so works as well.

>> - The project name : neo-scala ?
>
> Is the project officially called Neo or Neo4j? I guess the latter is a
> lot more findable on Google. Would that mean it would be more
> systematic to name it neo4j-scala? I don't mind though.

I'd prefer 'neo4j-scala' for the google-ability of it all. We're a bit
of a mess there right now but I'm hoping we can clean that up to
consistently use neo4j.

>> - Would you agree to use Specs as the test framework as it's natively
>> integrated with maven ?
>
> Sounds good!

This sounds great guys. Please keep us in the loop as you progress!

Emil Eifrém, CEO [e...@neotechnology.com]
Neo Technology, www.neotechnology.com
Cell: +46 733 462 271 | US: 206 403 8808
http://blogs.neotechnology.com/emil
http://twitter.com/emileifrem