I see. I realized that this was what you were after. What I was proposing
was that you would know the types for the properties given the type of the
node. The types for the nodes in your case would be more abstract, perhaps
just defined by the set of properties. I used concrete types in my
explanation because it usually helps people understand what I mean with
utilizing the navigation context.

I had a suspicion that your particular application might not benefit from
this approach, but I wanted to throw it into the mix for the sake of
completeness of the discussion, since there are a lot more people reading
the list than writing in a particular thread.

Cheers,
Tobias