Why not just process the DELETE on the index URI as a delete on the node URI
by doing the lookup/cross-reference on the server side?  I heard that Neo4J
is pretty good at tracking relationships like that. ;-)

-----Original Message-----
From: user-boun...@lists.neo4j.org [mailto:user-boun...@lists.neo4j.org] On
Behalf Of Mattias Persson
Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2010 12:15 PM
To: Neo4j user discussions
Subject: [Neo] Indexing in the REST API

I'm adding indexing to the REST API now and we just come up with a first
solution where you POST a node URI to /index/{key}/{value}. What you get
back is an "index URI" which is kind of an intermediate URI so that you can
do GET on the index URI and get back a node representation, just as if you
would have done a GET /node/{id}. This intermediate index URI will also
serve its purpose when you'd like to remove a node from an index (DELETE
"index URI").

My question now is: can we get rid of the intermediate index URI by
including a payload in such DELETE requests instead (passing along a node
URI)? Is it good/bad to do something like that?

Neo Technology, www.neotechnology.com