From: user-boun...@lists.neo4j.org [mailto:user-boun...@lists.neo4j.org] On
Behalf Of Tobias Ivarsson
Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2010 12:32 PM
To: Neo user discussions
Subject: Re: [Neo] Indexing in the REST API

What we are fishing for here is some input on how we could get rid of the
"index URI".

They were added to the design we are working with now for the sole purpose
of enabling us to remove a node from an index association. We create index
associations for nodes by POSTing the node URI to /index/{key}/{value}, but
creating URIs for the sole purpose of being able to unindex nodes seems a
bit wasteful, if anyone has a better suggestion that would be great.

/Tobias

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 5:15 PM, Mattias Persson
<matt...@neotechnology.com>wrote:

> I'm adding indexing to the REST API now and we just come up with a first
> solution where you POST a node URI to /index/{key}/{value}. What you get
> back is an "index URI" which is kind of an intermediate URI so that you
can
> do GET on the index URI and get back a node representation, just as if you
> would have done a GET /node/{id}. This intermediate index URI will also
> serve its purpose when you'd like to remove a node from an index (DELETE
> "index URI").
>
> My question now is: can we get rid of the intermediate index URI by
> including a payload in such DELETE requests instead (passing along a node
> URI)? Is it good/bad to do something like that?
>
> --
> Mattias Persson, [matt...@neotechnology.com]
> Neo Technology, www.neotechnology.com

Tobias Ivarsson <tobias.ivars...@neotechnology.com>