Hi Johan,
Do you mean a utility that creates a new Neo4j instance and copies all
entities into it from an old Neo4j instance?
That's definitely no problem.

I've written a bit of import/export code in my graph_gen_utils branch.

I have a GraphReader interface which is generic and only contains getNodes()
& getRels() methods definitions, which return iterators. The iterators are
of type NodeData, basically a HashMap of HashMap for simplicity.
1 NodeData can contain 1 Node with Properties and all it's Relationships
with Properties.

Then I implemented various readers that I needed during the thesis.
For example, ChacoParser, GMLParser, TwitterParser (proprietry format), etc
which all implement GraphReader.

Similarly for GraphWriter...

That made it easy for me to add any parser and use my existing methods for
buffering multiple entities into Transactions, etc.

It's far from perfect, but might give an idea or two.

Maybe some of that could be reused, although someone would definitely need
to evaluate the quality of my code first.
Blueprints has some import functionality too (.graphml format for example).

Cheers,
Alex