I don't think the python bindings (or any other binding) has caught up
to the new traversal framework. Uniqueness is all about when to visit
a node and when not to. If the uniqueness would be NODE_GLOBAL a node
wouldn't be visited more than once in a traversal. NODE_PATH means
that a node won't be visited again for the current path (the path from
the start node to where ever the traverser is at the moment) if that
node is in the current path. It might as well be visited again in
another path.

Also see the javadoc of Uniqueness at
http://components.neo4j.org/neo4j-kernel/apidocs/org/neo4j/graphdb/traversal/Uniqueness.html