Chris,
now that Tobias is on site again, I got the code to work, it looks
like this now:

from __future__ import with_statement
import neo4j

graphdb = neo4j.GraphDatabase("neodb/test")
with graphdb.transaction:
   addIdx = graphdb.index("address",create=True)
   n = graphdb.node(color="Red", widht=16, height=32)
   addIdx[n['color']] = n

graphdb.shutdown()
graphdb = neo4j.GraphDatabase("neodb/test")
with graphdb.transaction:
   addIdx = graphdb.index("address",create=True)

Two points:

1. Indexes are created lazily, so unless you actually add something to
it it will not be created, thus not being available on the next
opening of the db.

2. addIdx = graphdb.index("address",create=True) is broken, so
omitting the create=True breaks things. Always use it, will be
rectified upon overhaul of the python bindings.

Does this help?

Cheers,

/peter neubauer

GTalk:      neubauer.peter