Since you have not sent a heap dump file (what you have sent is a stack
trace, and they aren't very useful on OOME), what I would need to do is to
recreate your database from your xml-file (the database zip you sent was
empty), and rerun your code on that to reproduce the problem.

I have not had time to do that yet.

If you could send the actual *.hprof-file that is written to the working
directory of the java process when the OutOfMemoryError occurs (if you've
started the jvm with -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError) then I could analyze
this quicker. If the file is too large to send as an e-mail attachment
perhaps you could upload it to dropbox or similar. Otherwise I'll let you
know when I've had time to recreate your database and analyze the problem.

-tobias