Hi,

> Got it. It would be great to be able to use Sparql on neo4j or any
> other Blueprint db.

Yea it would.

> Do you think it would be possible to map/translate sparql query to
> gremlin/pipes?

I plan to create a new DSL over Gremlin/Pipes that has a syntax flavor like
this. E.g.

x = []; y = []
g.select(x, y).where(
        g.v('marko').outE('knows').inV.var(x)
        var(x).outE('knows').inV.var(y))

EQUIVALENT TO:

SELECT ?x, ?y WHERE {
  marko knows ?x
  ?x knows ?y
}

In short, traversal-based "SPARQL" (similar to the SPARQL engine developed by
Neo4j). The benefits is that a "line" is property graph-based, not restricted
to RDF graphs only. E.g.

g.select(x, y).where(
        g.v('marko').outE('knows').inV.var(x)
        var(x).outE('knows').inV{it.age > 30}.var(y))

I haven't gotten to starting this project yet, but if anyone is interested in
helping, that would be great.

Thanks,
Marko.

http://markorodriguez.com