Emilio,
thanks for all your feedback, it is really appreciated! You are
raising a lot of valid points, above all the high treshold for
participating in a mailman-mailing list, and the search capabilities.

We don't want to own more infrastructure, so a hosted solution would
be great, and we are quite happy with Google - so far, not much evil
has come form there.

Would Google Groups be acceptable for you as a compromise?

Cheers,

/peter neubauer

GTalk:      neubauer.peter
Skype       peter.neubauer