Here's the quick summary of what we're encountering:

We are inserting large numbers of activity stream entries on a nearly constant
basis.  To optimize transactioning, we queue these up and have a single
scheduled task that reads the entries from the queue and persists them to Neo.
Within these transactions, it's possible that a very large number of
relationships will be created and deleted (sometimes create and deleted all
within the transaction, since we are managing something similar to an index).
I've noticed that the time required to handle the inserts (not just the total,
but the time per insert) degrades DRAMATICALLY if there are more than a few
hundred entries to write.  It is very fast if there are < 100 entries in the
batch, but very slow if there are over > 1000.  With Neo 1.1, we did not notice
this behavior.  We have tried Neo 1.2 and 1.3 and both seem to exhibit this
behavior.

Can anyone provide any insight into possible causes/fixes?

Thanks,

Rick