On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 12:15 AM, David Montag
<david.mon...@neotechnology.com> wrote:

>> One key point of Davids suggestion is that it takes into account that each
>> action of the user could take place from a different IP. Massimo's original
>> model implied that the user would always be at the same IP for all actions,
>> or if he could change IP's you would not know which of them related to which
>> action.
>> So even though Davids model is more complex, it seems more correct.
>> Another solution is to create a uid-ip node, representing all cases where
>> a particular user is at a particular IP. Then that would have direct
>> relations to all domains (as massimo originally had), and it would have a
>> single relationship to it's user and it's ip nodes. The graph looks similar
>> to Davids, but we would have much fewer nodes (all actions from the same
>> uid-ip are merged).
>
> This is exactly what I meant.

I'm sorry for being late, I got some unexpected issue... Anyway I've
come to think about this and indeed this seems pretty nice and would
reduce a lot my load during queries but I'll loose information like:
http method, schema and protocol, response size and code...

I don't want to loose that information, I need to know where and when
I got 404, but it seems neo4j cannot "handle" it ... at least the way
I've thought.

BTW In my original design there's a flaw that your suggestion has
helped to highlight so thanks!

Cheers
--
Massimo