Hello,

We have been consistently getting the following exception from neo4j index.
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal Capacity: -11
at java.util.ArrayList.<init>(ArrayList.java:110)
at org.neo4j.index.impl.lucene.LuceneIndex.query(LuceneIndex.java:271)
at org.neo4j.index.impl.lucene.LuceneIndex.get(LuceneIndex.java:187)
at strategic.poc.NeoSearch.getNodes(NeoSearch.java:250)

Scenario:
We are trying to update Nodes by creating  new relationships. Before we
create a new relationship, we find the existing node by key/value.
If we update less than say 20 nodes(ie, create one new relationship to each
node), there's no problem.
However if we update say 25 or 30 or 50 nodes, we get the above exceptions
when we try to lookup for a node based on key/value.

Here's the code which does the lookup in the index to find a node:

public IndexHits getNodes(String key, String value)
{
 Index index = graphDb.index().forNodes( "testIndex" );
 value = value.toLowerCase();
 return index.get(key, value);  // line# 250

}

we are using neo4j1.4-M02 binaries, standalone version.
By the way, we are able to create almost 5000 new nodes in one
transacwithout any problem. We dont do lookups when creating a new node.
It's only when updating it breaks.

Is something wrong with the way we are searching or is it a bug in
LuceneIndex?
Is there a workaround?

Thank you.

John