Hi Peter,
Thanks for the positive feed back.
I think it would be best to call this component Neo4J-collections, or something
to that extent, so data structures more constrained than a property graph can
be maintained. The BTree (Timeline index) is one such example, the RTree from
the Neo4J-spatial component is indeed another such structure. There are many
more classic data structures that can be modeled in a graph, and that have
several constrains that can be met in the API.
eg.
Lists: nodes can have at most one incoming and one outgoing relationship of a
certain type.Stacks: Lists that can only be appended on one side and where
nodes can only be removed from that same side Queues: Lists that can only be
appended on one side and where nodes can only be removed from the other side
Trees: ...Binary Trees:...Red-Black Trees: ....etc.
I am willing to separate the Btree related code from the Neo4J-index component.
I haven't looked into the code of Neo4J-spatial, but it would be a good idea to
separate the RTree related code and put it in this new component. That way,
RTrees can be used without having dependencies on Geo Tools.
In the past I already signed a CLA when I did some work on the Meta Model
component. Please let me know if I have to renew that CLA, or if the old one is
still valid.
Kind regards,Niels Hoogeveen