I'm new to this framework, is there an example that demonstrates removing a
non-existent property and how it would be used in this context?

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: user-boun...@lists.neo4j.org [mailto:user-boun...@lists.neo4j.org] On
Behalf Of Chris Gioran
Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2011 11:04 AM
To: Neo4j user discussions
Subject: Re: [Neo4j] Unique Constaint on Index

Hi,

the ability to acquire locks cluster-wide exists, albeit in an ad hoc
fashion. Grabbing a write lock on the node you want to ensure is uniquely
indexed will ensure that the operations are serialized across all cluster
members.
The most simple way to get that lock currently is the (somewhat hackish but
entirely correct) removal of a non-existing property.

cheers,
CG