It just waits to write stuff until the transaction committs. Application
crashes in between are guarded by the logical log, because all operations
are written in the prepare-phase to a logical log (before the commit
starts). Neo4j doesn't do any magical tweaking of lucene at all because it
isn't necessary... it's fully ACID and transactional with the graph as it
is.