Hi,

> I mean, I need to compare the value of a node property with the value
> in the last node property, and repeat the process on every node to
> check growth rates. But I don't if this is possible without using
> variables external to the query.

I don't know if this is your paricular solution, but I do this all the time:

        g = Tinkegremlin> g = TinkerGraphFactory.createTinkerGraph()
        ==>tinkergraph[vertices:6 edges:6]
        gremlin> g.v(1).sideEffect{x = it.name}.out.sideEffect{println x}
        marko
        ==>v[2]
        marko
        ==>v[3]
        marko
        ==>v[4]
        gremlin>

In other words, I use a sideEffect to save something to 'x' and then later can
access that x for something -- in this limp example, simply to
System.out.println it.

Does that help you? Can you map that motif over to your problem?

Good luck,
Marko.

http://markorodriguez.com