Really thank you, Marko, you're being very helpful for me. but I think
that is not exactly what I looking for, or maybe I'm not understanding
your solution at all.

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 12:07, Marko Rodriguez <okramma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This will give you the actual paths with, of course, the last element in the
> path being the vertex with name 'josh' (v[4]).

I would like to get the actual paths with the property 'name'='josh'
in some of the vertices, not only in the last one.

Please, take a look on this graph [1], it's a tree. It represents
differents states with different values of the variables 'I' and 'J',
showed off in that order. The reference nodes is only taken into
account like a way to set the initial states. I have also two temporal
queries that would be translated into something like:
1. Get all the paths with states with I=3 from the second state up to
the end of the path, with J=4 exactly in the fourth state, and with al
least one state with I=1 anywhere the path. This should return v1, v2,
v3, v4
2. Get all the paths with states with I=3 from the second state up to
the end of the path, and not J=1 in the third state. This should
return nothing.

Just for your curiosity, I'm trying to find an algorithm to translate
the original ITL queries to Gremlin scripts. In ITL, the queries above
would be something like:
1. next(always(I=3)) and next(next(J=4)) and sometimes(I=1)
2. next(always(I=3)) and not(next(J=1))
The operators next, always and sometimes have the semantics expected:
in the next state XXX holds, always XXX holds, and sometimes XXX
holds. Besides we have the operator len(n) that check if the returned
path has exactly n states.

Thanks.
Regards!

[1] http://box.jisko.net/i/5cbd3d31.png