Ahmed,

could you please share some code?

Batch-Inserter should really only be used to insert millions or billions of
nodes.

With the normal API you can insert/update about 10k nodes/rels per transaction
without any issues.

You should be able to insert/update several thousand nodes per second into your
graph and index per second.

Everything else is not ok.

The REST API is at least one magnitude slower than the normal Java API
(probably even two magnitudes, depending on the types of operations).

Michael