What does make you think it not being very mature? As one of the project leads
I'm very interested in your thorough evaluation.

There are other libraries that follow a similar approach (annotation based
mapping), like jo4neo.

Neo4j itself is about the core-database, higher level bindings or drivers are
provided mostly by the community.

Michael