Linan,
yes, deep down Pipes are composing the pipeline out of iterators to
the base API operations node.getRelationships() and
relationship.getNodes() . The Neo4j traversal API is using callbacks
instead. What you want to use depends on your taste :)

Cheers,

/peter neubauer

GTalk:      neubauer.peter
Skype       peter.neubauer