> Yes, Downloading, untar , adjust config and start via the scripts is the
best way to run the server, this is what the QA tests do, too.

What does the following mean?

==>
==>          \,,,/
==>          (o o)
==> -----oOOo-(_)-oOOo-----
==>
==> Available variables:
==>   g = neo4jgraph[*EmbeddedGraphDatabase
*[/home/doubleagent/Neo4j_Databases/playground/data/graph.db]]
==>   out       = java.io.PrintStream@1ee4dbe
==>

Also ... what I've done is put the db on another vm and am communicating
with it from there.  I'd like to open a persistent Gremlin connection to the
server instead of using the REST api.  Is this possible?

I'm having difficulty discovering how to do some really simple things too ie
the Gremlin examples keep showing this line of code over and over:

g = new Neo4jGraph('/tmp/neo4j')

But when I search github that class (Neo4jGraph) only shows up in an
outdated gremlin repo.