Daniel,
the console in the webadmin shows you that "g" is bound to the Neo4j
Server graph instance, and automatically injected for you, together
with the "out" variable to direct possible output from your script to.

REST is right now the best way to interact with the server. Alas,
there is the Neo4j Shell (not Gremlin, but you can execute Cypher
remotely) that communicates with RMI instead, see
http://docs.neo4j.org/chunked/snapshot/shell.html

"g = new Neo4jGraph('/tmp/neo4j')" is what you would do from Java or
an empty Groovy shell to get hold of a new Neo4j graph database
instance. In the Neo4j server case that is already done for you.

Does that help?

Cheers,

/peter neubauer

GTalk:      neubauer.peter