From: user-boun...@lists.neo4j.org [mailto:user-boun...@lists.neo4j.org] On
Behalf Of Marko Rodriguez
Sent: Tuesday, 6 December 2011 2:32 AM
To: Neo4j user discussions
Subject: Re: [Neo4j] Aggregates inside copySplit()

Hi,

> I had to use Aggregate here, instead of Store(), else the Except does not
> work.

The except() does work, but you have you understand how it works with respects
to the semantics of aggregate() and store().

        store = lazily store objects in the pipeline to some collection x
        aggregate = greedily aggregate objects in the pipeline to some
collection x before moving onto the next step.

So, except's excepted collection will be growing over time. However, with
aggregate(), its collection is stable as it has already been greedily filled.
Get it?

> I am not sure if I can call _() an identityPipe, any inspiration here?

You mean between the two as()? Why not?

Enjoy,
Marko.

http://markorodriguez.com