ole.langfjaran wrote:

> I've had success using mvn eclipse:eclipse -Dwtpversion=1.5 (without the
> m2-plugin though because of proxy problems)

I know this is an old thread, but in case someone has this problem as well,
here is what I did and got it to work with Eclipse 3.3:
1. mvn eclipse:eclipse -Dwtpversion=1.5
2. I am using the m2-plugin, but you had to do the following in project
Eclipse properties -> J2EE Module Dependencies:
- tick the Maven Dependencies
- I had to add any other projects that the current project depends by
clicking the "Add Jars" button and then pointing Eclipse to the project jars
in the target folder of my web app
3. When I want to redeploy, I run mvn clean and mvn install from Eclipse

Cheers,
Papapara Tudu