Mysql has some quirk about reading in batches. See this in the Solr
wiki about it:

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DataImportHandlerFaq?highlight=%28mysql%29#I.27m_using_DataImportHandler_with_a_MySQL_database._My_table_is_huge_and_DataImportHandler_is_going_out_of_memory._Why_does_DataImportHandler_bring_everything_to_memory.3F

I don't know how to set special properties in the JDBC data source.

--
Lance Norskog
goks...@gmail.com