Awesome, I will give ReloadFromJDBCDataModel a try. How does this
particular data model update itself on database changes? Does it just
happen periodically and if so, can this rate be change easily?

Lastly, will calling clear(userId) on a recommender frequently be bad
for performance? I'm assuming with such small data amounts that the
actual recommendation algorithm is quite speedy and that the DB is
really the big bottleneck?