I've done some work (i.e. prototyping) on this at:
https://github.com/gsingers/ApacheCon2010 and discussed some at
http://www.lucidimagination.com/blog/2010/03/16/integrating-apache-mahout-with-apache-lucene-and-solr-part-i-of-3/
  (yes, I know, I need to finish part II and III)

The gist of it is there is some stuff to help here, but a complete round trip
isn't supported yet.

On Aug 27, 2011, at 9:01 AM, Ramo Karahasan wrote:

> Hello,
>
> i wanted to ask, if there is a common workflow when trying to
> categorize/classify documents with mahout. For me one possible workflow  with
> solr could be:
>
> index documents into solr -> fetch data from solr -> prepare data for
> training -> operate training -> get data model -> operate with algorithms on
> data model -> get a result list -> ?
>
> Is that a possible workflow with Mahout and what to do after getting the
> processed categorizations? How would I make use of this result?
>
> Thanks,
> RK

Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucidimagination.com