Ted,

Been meaning to follow up on this...

On Aug 22, 2011, at 11:29 AM, Ted Dunning wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 8:21 AM, Daniel Xiaodan Zhou
> <danith...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> I think this is reasonable. Some suggestions:
>>
>> 1. Instead of using the total number of interactions as cell value, map the
>> number to a 1-5 score based on histogram
>>

> I would map to {0,1} rather than a fake rating scale.

What's your reasoning for this, versus, something like number of replies?  My
somewhat naive intuition thought that I would want to somehow capture the fact
that a particular user has interacted more frequently with an item vs. simply a
boolean preference.  Or, is it just that in the big scheme of things, it won't
matter much, so why complicate it?

Thanks,
Grant

Grant Ingersoll