Sure, we are studying machine learning using  Mahout.  We have started a weekly
hackers dojo to learn how to implement Hadoop based machine learning programs
using Mahout. Once the group get some experience using Mahout, we are going to
focus on projects to add functionality to Mahout. If you are in Austin, please
come.

Check out our web site at:

Sincerely,
David G. Boney