Hi All,

This is my first interaction with this group.  I am working on Apache Mahout
Recommendation.  I am using IDRescorer, LogLikelihoodSimilarity,
SlopeOneRecommender algorithm for getting recommendation. As per my
understanding recommendation works based on user input like.

userid (String),itemid(String) and preference (double).  I have following
queries :-

1.  Let say user has below preferences on screen

   Category :

   Shopping - Sub Preference - Books, Video, Electronics, Apparels.

   User Select : Books and Video

   Education -  Sub Preference - Comedy and Science, History

   User Select : Comedy and Science

    Is it possible to show only get Recommendation of for above Categories and
Sub Preferences only.  It should not show me other categories

    Presently recommendation show different type of items and not restricted to
those selected categories.

2.  Right now the data of recommendation is capped to 50 items.  But results
come less tha 50 items. How can we increase the items of recommendation?

Any suggesstion/idea would really help?

Thanks,

Cleophus P.

Information transmitted by this e-mail is proprietary to MphasiS, its
associated companies and/ or its customers and is intended
for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may
contain information that is privileged, confidential or
recipient or it appears that this mail has been forwarded
to you without proper authority, you are notified that any use or dissemination
of this information in any manner is strictly
prohibited. In such cases, please notify us immediately at
mailmas...@mphasis.com and delete this mail from your records.