From: Sean Owen [mailto:sro...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2012 2:58 PM
To: Cleophus Pereira
Cc: Mahout User List
Subject: Re: Need help on Mahout Recommendation - using Preferences

If you mean, the user says "I like Drama" and you return to them Dramas, sure
you can do that -- it's not a recommender then. It's not personalized. It's
very easy, and may be useful.

If you mean, can you prioritize Dramas in recommendations, then, as I've said
several times: use the Rescorer! It is nothing to do with ItemSimilarity.
Please actually explore this before continuing this thread, or else you won't
be able to get help here.

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 12:25 PM, Cleophus Pereira